These warm apple dumplings are juicy, filled with brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins all wrapped in tender flaky crust.
For each apple you will need:
- 1 Granny Smith apple (green)
- A mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and butter, combine these ingredients to use to fill the hole where the core used to be
- lemon juice
- 1 sheet of puff pastry )
- Egg wash (egg beaten with water)
Peel and core the apple, drizzle it with lemon juice.
Stuff the cinnamon sugar into the center of the apple.
Wrap the apple in puff pastry, seal seams tightly.
Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes.
The Apple Dumplings are done when the apple is tender inside.
Serve warm with vanilla and caramel sauce and a few berries for garnish.
- Baked Apple Dumplings with Cider Sauce (thebittenword.typepad.com)
- Let’s Cook: Warm apple tart (charlotte.news14.com)