I hope you enjoy watching the show! Here are the recipes from the featured episode.
Sicilian-Style Sardine and Anchovy Pasta with Bread Crumbs
For the bread crumbs:
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon each, coarse salt and coarse black pepper
For the pasta:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oil packed anchovy fillets
- 2 four ounce tins of sardines, packed in oil
- 1/2 pound linguini or spaghetti, cooked to al dente in salted water, drained and cooled with cold water to stop cooking.
To a large skillet preheated over medium heat, add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, and chopped garlic.
When you can smell the garlic add bread crumbs.
Stir bread crumbs until deeply golden in color.
Add parsley and a liberal amount of salt and pepper, about 1 teaspoon of each. Remove bread crumbs from the hot pan, put them in a bowl and set aside.
Return skillet to heat and add 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
Add anchovies and sardines to the pan and sauté over medium heat 2 or 3 minutes.
Add hot, cooked pasta to the skillet and toss with sardines.
Add bread crumbs to the pan and toss thoroughly to combine and evenly distribute the mixture. Adjust seasonings to taste with pepper and salt.
Taste before adding salt as the anchovies typically are salty. You may not need to add any more.
Top it all off with a shaving of a good quality of Parmesan cheese.