A simple and quick recipe for a warm and hearty soup.
I prefer to use Bushes Brand of canned beans but you can use what you want. You can even soak your beans and make this from dried. But that isn’t so quick.
Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
- 2 15-ounce cans seasoned Bushes Brand Black Beans
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa – your desired level of heat
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- Small diced onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chunky salsa
- Hot Sauce
Open the cans of beans and put them in a sauce pot along with the chicken stock and all remaining ingredients.
Using a immersion blender, slightly puree the soup just enough to break up some of the beans, but not all of them.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, then place a generous cup of beans into a blender or food processor or even mash them by hand. Add the mashed beans back to the soup.
Bring to a boil, stir frequently while preparing the garnishes.
Ladle the soup into soup bowls, garnish with desired garnishes. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa on the side.
- day 19: cooking it up: fall/winter Chicken, Black Bean, and Cilantro Soup, SO good! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Japanese Pumpkin and Azuki Bean Soup (foodblogandthedog.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Spanish-Style Kale and White Bean Soup (self.com)
- Soup Friday. (pickahling.wordpress.com)
- Puréed White Bean Soup With Pistou (nytimes.com)
- Vegetarian Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup with Lime from Kalyn’s Kitchen (blogher.com)
- Friday Favorites: Ten Favorite Phase One Soups to Help You Get Through December! (kalynskitchen.com)