This applesauce cake goes together quickly. The cake is moist and delicious and ever so yummy. A dollop of whipped cream or ice cream makes it irresistible!
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup applesauce – smooth or chunky
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Oatmeal Streusel Topping
- 1-1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Thoroughly combine the ingredients in a bowl; the mixture should be crumbly.
Set aside to top the cake batter before baking. Save any left over streusel mix for another use.
To make the cake:
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
On low-speed, add applesauce and vanilla.
Measure flour and spices into a bowl.
Add nuts and raisins to the flour, stir. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
Grease and flour an 8 x 8 inch square cake pan. Pour batter into the cake pan.
Top with Oatmeal Streusel Topping.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream, serve warm.
- Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (lifeasmomknowsit.wordpress.com)
- Healthy and Delicious Recipes to Jazz Up Your Morning Oatmeal (fitfabcities.com)
- Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins (notecook.com)
- Spiced Maple Applesauce Pancakes (thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com)
- Apple Cake (tammyheff.wordpress.com)
- Applesauce Loaf Cake (redmittens.com)
- Chunky Applesauce (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Apples! (mlplouff.wordpress.com)