This is a simple delicious recipe for Chicken Piccata. It is fresh and light and cooks quickly.
Boil the water and cook pasta while making the piccata.
You can choose to use tofu or fish or scaloppini of veal instead of chicken. We like them all!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 2-3 thin slices each
- 2 tablespoons oil
- zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh flat leaf parsley and lemon slices
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
Place the sliced chicken breasts into a plastic bag, a piece at a time, and lightly pound to make the breast pieces flat and even.
Season with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Heat a saute pan over medium high heat, when hot add the oil.
Dredge the pounded chicken breasts in flour.
Saute in a hot saute pan until golden brown on both sides.
Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm while you make the sauce.
Add the shallots and garlic, stir, being careful not to burn the garlic or shallots.
De-glaze the pan with white wine. When the wine is nearly gone, add the lemon zest and juice, capers and chicken stock.
Bring to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Whisk in the butter and serve.
Do not boil the sauce after adding the butter to avoid ‘breaking’ the sauce.
Serve with spaghetti, linguine or rice, if you prefer.
A fresh green salad and crusty bread are great sides.
- Tofu Piccata (vibrantlyvegan.com)
- Fish Picatta (lauralovinglife.wordpress.com)
- Ready to cook, quickly (rakarchives.wordpress.com)