Zucchini Brownies are a great way of adding vegetables to your families diet. Unless you tell them zucchini is in the mix, they simply won’t know. The secret here is to finely shred the zucchini so it ‘melts’ while baking. You can’t expect it to be undetectable if you put big chunks in the mix.
This is a great way to get some vegetables into your meat and potato family members.
This recipe follows the formula of replacing the fat in the recipe with vegetables. The shredded zucchini adds the required moisture that creates the most gooey, fudgy brownies; you won’t believe they are full of zucchini.
I’m looking forward to trying zucchini in other baked goods to see how it goes. I imagine a carrot zucchini cake?
Try the recipe and let me know what you think!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Butter a 9 x 9 baking dish.
Combine sugars, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl on medium speed.
Fold in zucchini.
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture on low-speed, mixing only long enough to combine the ingredients.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing it evenly in the dish.
Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Remove the brownies from the oven and cool on a rack.
Cut and remove from pan after the brownies have cooled to room temperature.
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake…….DE-lish! (chanteusedesigns.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Chocolate Cranberry Zucchini Bread (fitsugar.com)
- Cocoa Brownies (hookedontaste.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Parev Zucchini Cake – Perfect for After the Turkey (kosherblogger.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Zocalo Zucchini 4: Chocolate Zucchini Bread (whiteexcalibur.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Muffins (whiskful.wordpress.com)
7 thoughts on “Zucchini Brownies, Just try it!”
I am going to eat more of these brownies, on the basis that it is giving me zucchinis as a vegetable intake 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Be ready for a chocolate explosion!
well, zucchini bread is a tasty Fall recipe, so why not brownies…..
Pingback: Eat Fresh – What’s in Season NOW! September | Spoon Feast
Pingback: Make Almond Milk – It’s So Easy! | Spoon Feast
Pingback: Make Almond Milk – It’s So Easy!
Pingback: Series: How to Cook a Thanksgiving Meal: Desserts | Spoon Feast