This Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Broccoli is quick and refreshing.
Whenever I cook pasta I always cook more than we need for 1 meal. This makes cooked pasta ready to go during summer months for refreshing and quick meals.
If you have cooked pasta on hand, it is only moments to put together a nice meal from what you might have in your refrigerator.
This dish came about because I was hungry and we had angel hair, cooked, steamed broccoli from last night, an amazing vine ripened tomato and a bushy basil plant that needed trimming.
To make this dish, you will need:
- 1/4 pound cooked angel hair pasta; per person
- 1 chopped fresh tomato; per person
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade (ribbons)
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli; per person (optional)
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 whole basil leaves for garnish
Combine everything but the pasta in a bowl, mix well.
Re-heat pasta in boiling water, drain well. Place the pasta in a bowl or on a plate.
Spoon the tomato mixture over the pasta, garnish with whole basil leaves.
Sprinkle with Asiago or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy this refreshing summer dish!